Dear Members and Friends,
Mount Olive Baptist Church has resumed worship services on Sundays at 11:00 a.m. and we have done so in a way that demonstrates our love for one another by reducing the risk of COVID-19 infections. MOBC’s practices are adapted from the best practices of the Virginia Health Department of Prince William County; the State of Virginia Health Department; and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Our policies and procedures for in-person attendance have seven (7) key parts that require of everyone’s cooperation for them to work:
1. Registration. The sole purpose of registration contact tracing should there be a need to notify those who attended a Worship Service or an event inside the building. You may choose to register on-line Monday through Friday by noon for the upcoming Sunday (preferred). Please complete the registration in advance for yourself and your household by clicking the following link. You may also complete a contact card on Sunday mornings. Those who test positive for COVID-19 and have attended a Worship Service or event within the prior two weeks are asked to notify us as soon as possible so that we can implement our contact tracing protocols.
2. Temperature Checks. Everyone will have his/her temperature checked using a No-Touch Thermometer. Note: Any person with a temperature of 100.4° F or higher will not be permitted to enter.
3. Social Distancing.
A. Maintain a safe distance of three feet when greeting one another. We ask that there be no hugging or hand touching.
B. Families living in the same house may be seated together but must maintain a three (3) foot separation between themselves and others.
C. Worship Services take place in the sanctuary and in a banquet room (overflow).
4. Face Coverings. All individuals entering the church building are required to wear a mask. The mask must cover your nose and mouth and must be worn at all times. The exceptions include the following: Those actively engaged in preaching, leading prayer, teaching, or singing. A limited amount of face coverings is available should you arrive without one.
5. Health Screening. Those who are feeling ill with any symptoms of COVID-19 are asked to stay home and join us via Facebook or YouTube.
6. Common-Touch Areas. Items which are commonly handled by many worshippers such as bulletins, hymnals, registration booklets, fans, offering plates, etc. are temporally suspended. Instead, Communion Elements and collection boxes for gifts and offerings will be located at the entrances to the sanctuary. Common areas such as the sanctuary, narthex and restrooms will be disinfected after each Worship Service or event.
7. Live Streaming. We will continue to live stream our morning Worship Service via Facebook and YouTube. We will also continue to offer Sunday School, Biblical Instruction, Bible Study, and Ministry meetings over on-line platforms.
These policies and procedures are under constant review and will be adjusted as necessary to deal with COVID-19 as related to MOBC
Rev. Dr. Clyde W. Ellis, Jr.